London Assembly Member
Elected in 2000 Tony Arbour is London Assembly Member for South West London, consisting of the Royal Boroughs of Kingston upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames including Brentford & Isleworth constituencies and Hounslow.
· Tony was a senior lecturer and Honorary Visiting Fellow at Kingston University Business School and a former Governor of the University. He is a Member of the Employment Tribunals of England and Wales.
· Tony was GLC member for Surbiton between 1983 and 1986. He was first elected a Councillor for Hampton Wick in 1971. He is a Councillor in Richmond upon Thames Borough. Tony was Leader of Richmond Council 2002-2006.
· Tony Arbour is a Justice of the Peace and Assistant Chairman of the Richmond upon Thames Bench.
· He was vice-chairman of Kingston & Richmond Family Health Services Authority.
· He has a vast historical and local knowledge of South West London.
· He has four children, and has been a parent governor at local schools.
· Hobbies include collecting first editions, carbooting, and ebaying.
· Deputy Chairman of the London Assembly
· Deputy Chairman of the GLA Oversight Committee
· Member of the Economy Committee
· Member of the Police and Crime Committee
· Member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) - LFEPA Register of Interests entry]
Key issues and concerns:
· Improving the environment and safety of the boroughs of Hounslow, Kingston upon Thames and Richmond upon Thames.
· Greater London planning matters.
· Improving access to the River Thames and increasing its use.
· Cutting police bureaucracy and red tape and using the police to make London safer.
· Transport issues.